HERB ROASTED FENNEL & HEIRLOOM CARROTS
- Algae Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 2 Lg. Fennel bulbs
- 1 lb. Hierloom Carrots
- 1 Head of Garlic, crushed and peeled.
- Kosher Salt
- Parmesan Reggiano
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 375 degrees.
- Next prep the fennel bulbs by slicing them between 1/4 -1/3 of an inch thick.
- Wash and prep carrots (peeled or not) by chopping off the excess greens.
- Place both the fennel and carrots onto a large sheet pan (TIP: Make sure you place them in one even layer so that they roast and do not steam).
- Now, de-stem and rough chop the fresh herbs; rosemary & marjoram, sprinkle over the fennel and carrots.
- season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil over the veggies to cover and toss to coat.
- Now, shave fresh parmesan all over the top of the veggies.
- Next, place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until golden in color.