CRISPY CHICKPEA & ARUGULA SALAD
- 1 (15 ounce.) can of Chickpeas
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut or Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Smoked Sea Salt
- I lb. of Wild Arugula
- 8 Dates (pitted and chopped)
- 1/3 cup of Marcona Almonds
- 1 cup of Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 sm. Watermelon Radish (thinly sliced)
- Miso Salad Dressing
- Ginger Salad Dressing
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Next spray the pan with coconut cooking spray (or vegetable).
- Drain and dry the chickpeas on a kitchen towel until dry to the touch.
- Once dried, toss the chickpeas in a medium sized bowl with the olive oil and salt.
- Next, place the chickpeas onto the sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to one hour. The should be crispy in texture when done.
- Let cool or at least one hour.
- Once cooled add the chickpeas into a large serving bow with the arugula, cherry tomatoes, watermelon radishes, chopped dates, and the marcona almonds.
- Toss to combine.
- Next season with kosher salt and pepper (to taste).
- Drizzle over desired amount/ equal parts of miso & ginger dressing (from your local market or farmers market).
- Toss again, and serve!