White Truffle Fettuccini Alfredo with Baby Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt
- 1/2 a tsp of freshly cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp of un-salted butter
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces of baby Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of White Truffle butter
- 1 lb. of Fettuccini pasta
- 3 Tbsp of chopped fresh chives, (+more for garnish)
- 1/4 of a cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Begin by prepping all of your ingredients.
2. Remove the stems, and clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp cloth, removing the excess dirt off of the flesh.
3. Next, slice the mushrooms thinly,
chop the chives,
and grate the Parmesan cheese.
4. Start off by seasoning a pot of water with salt and oil, then bringing it to a boil.
5. In a medium sized sauce pan,
melt the un-salted butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
6. Once melted add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and saute for 10 minutes.
7. When the mushrooms are soft and browned nicely, remove the pan from the heat and set aside until needed.
8. Next, pour the heavy cream into a new sauce pan over medium heat,
and bring the cream to a simmer.
9. Now, add in the white truffle butter and reduce the heat to low.
10. Next, add the kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper.
11. Mix to blend.
12. Reduce the heat to low until the sauce thickens (Tip: the sauce is ready when you drag a spoon through it and it stays separated).
13. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water (follow your box instructions on how to cook the pasta properly).
14. Next, add the mushrooms,
and chopped scallions to the pan.
15. Mix to blend well.
16. Now, add the shredded Parmesan cheese,
and mix to bled well.
17. Now, add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat evenly.
18. At the end, add a splash of chicken broth to the pan. Bring the heat up to medium-high, and cook the pasta for 30 seconds to a minute. (until the broth is absorbed by the pasta).
19. Finally, Plate the pasta and add extra chopped chives on top for a garnish.
Shop The Recipe: