COCONUT CHICKEN NUGGETS IN SUMMER FUN SHAPES!
- 2 Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 3 Eggs
- 1 8oz. package of Panko Crumbs
- 2 Celery Stalks
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Superfood Seasoning's "The Good Grind", ( optional_you can use salt & pepper and any spices you prefer)
- Coconut Oil Spray, (canola works too)
- Coconut Oil, (for flash frying)
- Sil Pat or Parchment Paper
- Cookie Cutters, (I used summer time shapes like sunnies and ice cream cones).
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Next line a sheet pan with a sil pat or parchment paper.
- Place the two chicken breast cutlets onto the lined sheet tray and spray both sides with coconut oil.
- Now, season with "The Good Grind" (or with a pinch of salt and pepper) on both sides.
- Next, place the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Once cooked, place the cutlets onto a cooling rack, let cool down before cutting out the shapes.
- Once fully cooled, start cutting out your shapes (Depending on how big or small your shapes are, your amount of nuggets may vary).
- Dice up the leftover pieces into cubes.
- To bread the chicken you will need to begin by make an egg wash. In a medium sized bowl crack in 2 full eggs + 1 yolk, season with "The Good Grind" or salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Next, place all of the panko crumbs in a 1/2 sheet pan.
- Now, take the cut out nuggets and bread them by first coating them with the egg wash, then tossing them in the panko crumbs to coat.
- To fry, heat up the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. You will know it's ready when you place a small piece in and it floats.
- Flash fry 2-3 big pieces at a time just until they catch some color, about 5-10 seconds.
- Then, when you have finished with the larger nuggets, toss in 6-8 (at a time) of the cubed bites and fry util they turn golden as well.
- Have a plate lined with a kitchen towel to place the finished chicken on (this helps to remove excess oil).
- Serve with a side of your littles favorite dipping sauce and some slices of celery for a refreshing bite!