Sweet & Spicy Sunny-Side Up Eggs
- Slice in half 1 cup of baby heirloom tomatoes.
- Next, pour 1 Tbsp of olive oil into a skillet, heat at a medium high temperature.
- Now, add the tomatoes to the skillet, season with 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt (to taste) & 1/2 tsp of freshly cracked pepper.
- Cook on med-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent from burning.
- Once the tomatoes have softened, bring the temperature down to a medium heat.
- Next, add in 1 tsp of the hot wing sauce (add more to your heat preference).
- Then, add in 1 Tbsp of the tomato paste, mix to bled.
- Once all the ingredients are well integrated, lower the heat to a med-low flame.
- Next, crack open the eggs right on top of the tomato mixture.
- Top the eggs with some shaved parmigiano and freshly chopped chives.
- Now, cover the skillet with a lid and bring the temperature down to low, allow to slow cook for 8 minutes (cooking time depends on how you like your eggs, If you like them runny, cook for 4/5 minutes on low. If you like your eggs hard cooked, cook them for 10/12 minutes on low, and if you like them in the middle, gage an appropriate time based on the other two, like 7/8 minutes on low heat).
- Next, add a handful of the arugula to a plate , pour over 1 tsp of white truffle oil, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Once the eggs are cooked (to preference), remove from heat and place on top of the bed of wild arugula.