Purple Cauliflower Truffle Steak
Watch video on how to make it.
- 1 Large head of purple cauliflower (yellow & white will work as well).
- Olive oil
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Truffle oil
- 10 Seedless grapes (green and purple).
- 10 Dates deseeded and sliced in half
- kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Remove core and trim the leaves off of the cauliflower head.
- Slice into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub to coat evenly.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste ( I like mine heavily seasoned).
- In a non-stick pan pour in 1to 2 tsp of EVOO on medium heat.
- Sear the cauliflower on both sides until golden brown (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F. You can tell its ready when your fork can easily pierce the cauliflower steak.
- For the salsa slice in half the de-pitted dates and seedless grapes, then toss together.
- Place the salsa on top of the cauliflower and drizzle on some truffle oil (about 2 tsp).
- Salt and pepper to season.