JACKFRUIT TACOS WITH CAULIFLOWER SHELLS
- 1 package of BBQ jackfruit
- 1 package of cauliflower taco shells (spray w coconut spray, toast 2 minutes)
- Cabbage slaw ( 1 cup white Napa and 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced).
- 3-4 Dried figs (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup of sliced almonds
- 2 tbs sliced watermelon radish
- 2 tbs Algae Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp of freshly cracked pepper
- BBQ Corn (Organic) on the cob with Coconut spray & Seasoning
- *optional add lime wedge to taco
Nutrition Facts and Benefits: 1 taco
- Calories: 140 calories
- 6 g fat
- 23 g carbs
- 5 g fiber
- Start off by cooking the corn, spray with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill for about 20-25 min, or until cooked.
- Next, cook the BBQ Jackfruit in a cast iron skillet for 5-7 min. Once cooked keep on a low heat and cover, this will keep the jackfruit warm until you assemble the tacos.
- Now to make the coleslaw, mix the cabbage in a large bowl and add the thinly sliced dried figs, sliced almonds, thinly sliced watermelon radish, olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Lastly to prepare the taco shells, lightly spray each one with coconut oil and place on the grill for a couple minutes until playable. You can also place into the taster and toast as usual.
- To assemble the tacos, place the cabbage slaw on each of the taco shells, and top with the jackfruit. If desired, add a squeeze of lime.