CINNAMON KISS CHOCOLATE CHAGA BANANA BREAD
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp of Cinnamon Kiss spice mix from Superfoods Seasoning
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of pink himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp of chaga powder
- 2 Tbsp of cacao powder
- 3 ripe bananas (or 1 1/2 cups worth)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl combine your dry ingredients; the flour, baking soda, salt, chaga, cacao powder and cinnamon kiss seasoning. whisk together to blend evenly.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas until mush consistency, then add in the sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Next, in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the sugar and butter on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Once the sugar and butter are creamed, lower the speed of the stand mixer to low and add in your eggs one at a time.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients one heaping spoonful at a time, mix until just incorporated.
- Now, add in the banana mix, stir to combine.
- Lastly add in the chocolate chips, stir until just incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared baking dish (butter or oil the pan so the cake won't stick), top with cacao nibs and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Once the bread is baked through remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Next, turn out the bread onto a rack and let cool completely before serving.